The PSO supports OCSA in a myriad of ways, including organizing teachers/staff appreciation events, coordinating new student/parent welcome receptions, scheduling parent education presentations, coordinating volunteer opportunities, and fulfilling any needs OCSA asks of us!
One of our most important tasks is managing the PSO Grant Program. Since its creation in 2010, PSO has given back over $210,000 in grant funds that support our teachers and students. In addition to supporting PSO efforts, your tax-deductible donation funds the PSO Grant Program which provides academic teachers and conservatories with "wish list" items that are outside their budgets.
PSO events provide parents with opportunities to interact with both fellow parents and OCSA staff. You will find that staying connected to the OCSA community promotes collaboration between your family and the school in meeting the needs of all our students.
Your tax-deductible donation will help OCSA's faculty and staff make school a greater place to learn, and will help make OCSA an even greater place for students to discover themselves. Over the past several years our support has grown, with over $210,000 going back to our school. Here's a small sampling of what our organization has been able to provide:
- A $5,000 grant to OCSA's science department for smartboards and software
- A set of graphing calculators for the math department
- Documents cameras for the math and lit & comp departments
- DVD libraries for the Social Studies and the Literature & Composition classes
- Sound systems for the Webb and Symphony Hall Theatres