Current guidance from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) states that all students must have access to safe and full in-person instruction and as much instructional time as possible. As such, in-person instruction will continue to occur at OCSA.
OCSA remains committed to providing a safe learning environment and will continue to follow the COVID-19 prevention and management requirements consistent with the CDPH. At this time, this plan includes the following:
1. Vaccination: COVID-19 vaccines are now available for anyone ages 6 months and older. All OCSA employees and students are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated. Students may submit proof of vaccination to email@example.com.
2. Ventilation: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems are serviced to maximize ventilation. Portable air filters are in place in each OCSA classroom and office.
3. Masks: At this time, mask wearing on the OCSA campus is optional but strongly recommended while indoors. OCSA will continue to provide masks to staff and students upon request. The determination for mask mandates will be in consultation with public health agencies.
4. Symptom Screening: All students, faculty, and staff should complete a self-assessment prior to coming to school. If individuals feel sick and have symptoms of COVID-19, they should stay home and get tested.
5. Reporting: Students, faculty, and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 and/or are exhibiting symptoms should remain at home and fill out the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
6. Isolation: Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 must follow the isolation instructions provided by an OCSA Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN).
OCSA will continue to follow guidance from the CDPH, the Orange County Health Care Agency, and the Orange County Department of Education for the safe operation of in-person learning and will inform our community of any changes.