Frederick Fennell Wind Studies Program
The Frederick Fennell Wind Studies Program offers a comprehensive wind studies education that allows students to enroll in master classes, work with an inspiring caliber of guest artists, and attend festivals and field trips.
Recently, students have worked with composer, Frank Ticheli, conductor, H. Robert Reynolds, with Boston Symphony Principle Trombonist, Toby Oft, with Les Benedict of Hollywood Studios, and with saxophonist Harvey Pittel.
Teren Shaffer, Director, Classical Instrumental Music
Coordinator, Frederick Fennell Wind Studies Program
- Frederick Fennell Wind Ensemble, Music Director & Conductor
Degree and Studies:
- B.M., Chapman University Conservatory of Music, Instrumental Conducting, Bassoon Performance, and Music Education
- M.M., University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM), Orchestral Conducting
- Adjunct Professor of Conducting, Chapman University Conservatory of Music
- Associate Conductor & General Manager, Orange County Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Assistant Conductor, University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) Orchestras Conducting Fellow, Los Angeles Youth Orchestra
- Clinician, Aliso Niguel High School and San Juan Hills High School
- Private Instruction, Conducting, Bassoon and Saxophones
- Assistant Conductor, Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
- Assistant Conductor, Sinfonia Gulf Coast (Florida)
- Conducting Fellow, CCM Spoleto (Spoleto, Italy)
- Awarded highest honor at Chapman University for excellence in performance.
- Recipient of the Latham and Watkins scholarship in music at Chapman University.